Followers

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Motivational Monday #1

Happy Monday Readers!! For some reason Monday is a dreaded day; why? My main reason is because my family time is ending and it is back to the grind stone! :) (hehe) I assume that is most people's reason, but also Monday seems to be pretty rough on us. If anything un pleasant is going to happen, it happens on Monday! Grrr, But this is how I deal with Monday...it is what you make it. You're attitude controls how you feel and act. If something gets you down, you can choose to dwell on it or move past it. Let's face it, most of the time worse things could be happening. This Monday I want you to make an effort to get past any rotteness that comes your way. A good way to do that is to focus on something in particular. Forget about what is happening to you and see what you can do to cheer up someone elses Monday! So here is my basis for todays blog!

"All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own." Edwin Markham born April 23, 1852

That quote can be interpreted in so many ways. If you are having a less than plesant time in your life, have you ever stopped to consider how you've been treating others? Ever heard "treat those as you wish to be treated"? If you send bad vibes out to others, do you expect to have a pefect life? If you do, I'm praying for you. Another interpretation for me is maybe you don't treat others badly, but perhaps you dont consider what they're going through either. "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." Plato. What if one kind word from you could turn someones day around totally? You never know what someone else is dealing with. So what you spilled your coffee in your lap on your way to work, someone else may have lost their job completely, and in this economy that is devastating. When I've had a rough day and I notice on someone else's face that they seem down and I say something to lift them up, the look on their face just lifts my spirits. Living here in Florida has sometimes been such a struggle, but the people who's lives we have touched have always come back to touch ours.

I read something yesterday that was so great to see. "Do not be afraid" is written in the Bible 365 times. So, once for each day of the year!! Wow! It's a daily reminder that God doesn't want us to worry about the day and what we cannot control. That brings the Serenity Prayer to mind. Who is familiar with this prayer?
This prayer will always be my favorite. I mean come on! Just read it! If we say this prayer daily I think it could help us all get through our Mondays. If at anytime on Monday you feel down or anxious and just "over" this day, stop and think about the Serenity Prayer, or consider what someone else could be going through and perhaps it will shake you from your funk. Say to yourself, "this too shall pass" and get over it! Tomorrow will be better, if you have the mind set that it will. So I leave you with one last quote.
"If there is one thing I've learned about life...it goes on." Robert Frost

<3
Audrey

4 comments:

  1. Awesome girl ! This made my day..made me think of things in a new light...I'm looking 4word to your next blog...love u, Mama Julie =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :) It really helped me make sure I was positive all day! :) I cant wait to write the next onw !! love you mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey - I really enjoyed reading your blog tonight, very uplifting. I wish I had seen this on Monday, I think I would have had a better week. I'm looking forward to your next posting. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo I am so happy to hear that! I will do a motivational blog every Monday so please check back in as I hope to keep you inspired and uplifted! :)

    ReplyDelete