Followers

Friday, May 25, 2012

"The Masses are Asses." Unknown

Where to begin....? This has really been weighing on me lately. I can't just push it aside anymore. This post's title is a quote I found while looking for my own inspiration to what I have been feeling. It truly describes the 'masses' of people in general. The majority of people are 'asses.' There are few genuine and real people out there and it really makes me sad. It sometimes even hits close to home. What happened to people caring about other people?

I battled being bullied in high school because I was a good kid,who was in the band, National Honors Society, etc, and I was from a lower class family. But to me, I didn't care who picked on me...I was still happy with just being me. Today, bullying means something else than when I was in school, and that was only 7 years ago. Kids are committing suicide today because the bullying is so intense. Why do other kids feel the need to make another child feel so bad about themselves that they would rather die than endure it any longer? So what if someone doesn't come from money like you...so what if they wear glasses...so what, so what , so what! I worry now because my son is only 2 and he already needs glasses because he is far sighted and has a lazy eye. What if he is picked on because of something no one can control? As his mother I would be infuriated if someone made him feel like he is nothing because of that. I am already infuriated as it is that someone is bullying my cousin. She is a child of God and full of faith. She is beautiful inside and out and she doesn't see that because other kids make her feel like she is not "good enough." She is just like I was in school. A great student, quiet, nice to everyone, and from a lower income family. I get so angry that I want to whip on some little high school kids! I try to give her inspiration and advice to encourage her and keep her from falling into the trap other children fall into when bullied. But she still is struggling.

“No matter how big a nation is, it is no stronger than its weakest people, and as
long as you keep a person down, some part of you has to be down there to hold
him down, so it means you cannot soar as you might otherwise.”- Marian Anderson (U.S. contralto, 1897-1993)

"People who look down on other people don't end up being looked up to." Robert Half

"People in general are cruel to one another. The only way to have fun to them is to make fun of someone. I hate that. Why cant someone be different? Why can't someone be themselves without being made fun of? I hate society because of how they judge people." Unknown

That last quote definitely shares my sentiments. I couldn't have said it better. If you are a victim of bullying...don't be a victim anymore!! Nothing those bullies say about you is true and you know yourself better than them for you to believe them! They speak out of jealousy, envy, anger...you name it! They don't make you feel less about yourself with any truth to what they are saying...they do it because making you feel less than you are dulls the light within you and allows them to shine brighter and steal the attention. Take what they say with a grain of salt and know childhood is only temporary. If you can be strong and trust in what the Lord feels about you then you will make it to adulthood and be thankful you never let the bullies bring you down. "This too shall pass..."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you- not because they are nice, but because you are." Unknown

Kill them with kindness....that's what I do! :)

To this day I still get left out of things because I am different. I am proud I am different! I have made my mistakes in life...but I am not a corrupt person...I don't intentionally hurt others...I genuinely care about people and put an effort into having a relationship with those I love. But I will not be an option any longer. I can love you from a distance. I have stressed myself to the max trying to prove myself to people and I can't do it any longer. I have people in my life that actually enjoy spending time with me and love having me in their lives. They know me...my personality, my hobbies..etc. I don't have to prove myself to them in order to feel their love. I have distanced myself from a lot of people so I could come to this conclusion and see who really cared to have me a part of their lives. I am glad I did because it has shown me so much.

"Some people have active imaginations, but they don't know me and they're wrong if they think they do." Yamilla Diaz.

I can also guarantee you, if you didn't hear it from my mouth, then it isn't true.

These days people are only concerned with who or what can benefit them. They use people to their advantage. They drain the life out of others and discard them afterwards. I can't even begin to explain how disappointed I am in the human race. I have found a few quotes that seem to suit the situation.

"A different world cannot be built by indifferent people." Unknown
"All charming people have something to conceal, usually their total dependence on the appreciation of others." Cyril Connolly
Frost
"People seem to enjoy things more when they know a lot of other people have been left out of the pleasure." Russell Baker
"There are two kinds of people in the world- those who divide everything and those who don't." Robert B.
"People have become inappropriate. People have pushed too far. People have climbed too many fences. I'm just tired of it." Gwenyth Paltrow
"I believe we shall come to care about people less and less. The more people one knows, the easier it becomes to replace them." Ambrose Bierce

I just don't get why people think life is a game. We are not guaranteed a tomorrow and if you were to die today would you be proud of your life? I don't care how successful you are in your career or how rich you are. Would you be proud of of your life if the only flashbacks you got to see were those of how you treated others?

Think about it.

<3

Audrey




No comments:

Post a Comment